Wednesday, 16 February 2011

Priorities and Procrastination

I haven't written anything for a while. It's not as if I couldn't think of anything, but most of it would have been a rant, and nobody would want to read that. Well, not too often anyway.
So I stayed away from my blog and let it all settle down, and thus you are being saved from reading a rant or ten, so you see that procrastinating can be a good thing.


There are other, more important things anyway.
Last year ended with the husband of a friend dying.
This year started with two friends losing a parent each.
One of these friends had only lost his dad last year, and now he lost his mum.
My other friend lost his beloved dad. I felt as if I knew his dad a bit, because he told me about him frequently, and passed on my greetings and wishes - even if I never meet said friend or his dad.
Fortunately, all the friends I mentioned have family and friends to help them through these hard times. 
I am very sad for my friends. And it reminds me of the age of people close to me, who mean a lot to me, like the couple whose house I go cleaning once a week, and, not least, my own parents. Admittedly, they are all healthy, but they won't live forever. I'd prefer not to think about their mortality. If I manage to forget about it, it is a bit as if it won't happen – if you know what I mean.
I haven't yet made up my mind whether or not I'd tell anybody. Currently, I tend towards not telling any of my friends. I may think differently if/when I have to cross that bridge. 
On to something completely different: I've been very slack with my projects. I haven't done any Spanish lessons for four weeks, so there's a lot to catch up on before the next lesson arrives on Monday.
I've been back to proofreading, though. I really need some time management.
I am seriously thinking about writing a guide entry after my 'break' of about two years.* I probably should continue my other projects before starting a new one, though. We'll see. :-D

* A look at today's  Front Page of the website just reminded  me why I stopped writing guide entries, so forget about that.

2 comments:

Dmitri Gheorgheni said...

What? You don't like Asterix? ;) Get back to work on that Spanish! Shame on you, you haven't conquered the world yet!

Thanks for your kind comments. We don't want to think about losing people. We don't want to paint the devil, I understand that. But being able to talk about it when it does happen...priceless.

You have no idea how much good you do by just being there when a friend needs somebody to talk to.

I'd rather be a friend than an overachiever, wouldn't you? :D

Bel said...

It wasn't Asterix on the FP when I wrote this Post. ;-)
And the hootoo sisters never managed to conquer just h2g2, so how should I conquer the world all alone? 8-)
I should have learned Turkish, that would come in handy now. :D
And as for the rest: big {{{}}}

Post a Comment

Want to say something? Don't hold back. :)